Saturday, May 16, 2009

When I Grew Up

Cristina Scabbia of Milan's Lacuna Coil reminds me of a little of Ann Wilson of Heart back in the day. I wanted to be Ann Wilson when I grew up. I'll keep you posted if I achieve either of those goals.
Who'd you wanna be when you grew up?
Who do you wanna be when you grow up?
Read an Exclusive Adults-Only Excerpt from Emma Holly's "Kissing Midnight" Monday here at RBTB! RBTB NEWs members get a sneak peek Sunday night, so join now if'n you can't stand the wait to get to the sexiest scene in the first book of Emma's Fitz Clare Chronicles!
Virginia Kantra WINNER: LuAnn Morgan, you've won a copy of "Sea Lord" from Virginia! Please write me at with your snail mail. Congratulazione.
Check out the 'Tails of Love' Pet Photo Mascot Gallery here!


Julie in Ohio said...

First it was Mary Poppins. Then I realized that I didn't do heights so well so I guess that was out of the question as she played on roofs. Of course when I found out Mary Poppins was also Maria VonTrapp, she won me back.
Then it was Madonna. Thankfully I got over that before the whole cone bra phase.
Finally I wanted to be Whitney Houston. That one lasted a bit longer. Actually when I think about it, I would still love to be the Whitney from 1985-89. You know the pre-Bobby Brown/crack is whack deal.

amy*skf said...

Oh Julie, I hear you.

I had more of a nebulous goal--I just wanted to be discovered. You know, sittin' on a drug store stool (this was 40 years ago--drug store stools still existed) and a hollywood/broadway talent scout walks in and says, "You're who we've been looking for."

Now, I want to be a succesfully and happily published author--can you tell it's an affirmation?

Actually, I still want to be discovered...

ev said...

Who said I grew up yet?

Annie West said...

Julie, I loved Mary Poppins but it never occurred to me to want to be her.

It wasn't a matter of 'who' I wanted to be when I grew up, but 'what'. I wanted to be glamorous, the sort of woman who'd turn heads. I was also torn between wanting to be an archeologist (Indiana Jones watch out) and working in a bookstore. Now I write romance instead. I'm not glam, but on the upside, since Harlequin Presents novels are called Harlequin Sexys here in Australia, I go to writers' conferences and get called a 'Sexy author' which is almost as good as being glamorous! (G) And though I don't get the Indiana Jones adventure I can imagine it,and I do frequent bookstores...

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

snork. 'I do frequent bookstores..' :) Annie, couldn't you please write us a Indiana Jones-type sheikh who absconds with a book store owner/worker/patron and whisks her away to adventure and lusty, sensual abandon? Perhaps they could attend a romance conference along the way so she can show him off to her friends. for me, that was always part of the key to youthful fantasy, showing everyone how fabulous I was going to be, not how truly nerdy and not glam, as you put it, I really was. :)

I wouldn't dare presume, ev. Not if'n I knew what was good for me. btw, your girl Carly from Plotmonkeys is GuestBlogging w/us June 1.

but, ames, I discovered you at that school dance, remember?

Jules, I, too, went through the Madonna thing w/lots of head wraps, and the Whitney. I won't go into my Annie Lennox phase since we're talking MTV-inspired delusions...