Monday, July 20, 2009

Make Romance Today, For Tomorrow We "Chase" HEA

LORETTA CHASE GuestBlogs
TOMORROW, TUES, JULY 21!

Buongiorno, Bellas! It's great to be back in the pink after being gone last week for RWA National in DC. Catch up on National in review here at "Heart to Heart!" Click each photo to get a story behind each pic. While it was wicked fun seeing so many of our fave romance authors and saying hi to so many FOBs, it also was really good to get back to home, fam, ungrateful cat -- and last night's 14 hours of sleep.

But before I share some doins from National, I want to let you know my take on MPG's GuestBlog last Friday, "Chamber of Love." He asked whether his proposing to me in the Altoona, PA Chamber of Commerce board room where we'd met two years before was romantic. He'd brought roses, a ring and the actual video shot for the TV news the night we'd met when he'd interviewed me for the local news.

My verdict? Like you suggested, I thought it romantic enough for me to say yes. With our senses of humor, it was completely quirky and funny, and the first thing I thought was: I love that the story of our engagement always will sound like the punchline of a joke. Plus, I liked the ring. And I loved him.

I was glad MPG offered to GuestBlog while I was at RWA National, cause it ended up being even more work than even I originally thought, but fun nonetheless. The highlight for me was this year's Bella Breakfast, an informal little gathering at the hotel restaurant. The coolest part was when everyone introduced herself, told how she came to RBTB, then shared her dream for her life or career.

Here are a few more pics from RWA. If you were there, tell us 'bout the fun stuff. If you weren't, are there some questions we might be able to
answer for you?
***
Encore! Want the story of Kilt Man? Click on his pic below! Click on each photo in this post to get a story behind the pic!

15 comments:

Portia Da Costa said...

Oh, fantastic pictures! Sounds as if you all had a wonderful time... I'm so very jealous at having to sit this one out.

And that's a super elegant Rita gown, Queen Bella. That rich colour looks awesome on you.

Becke Davis said...

Oh, it was soooo much fun! Also overwhelming and exhausting, but definitely worth the trip and expense. I posted about 150 pictures from RWA on my Facebook photo page, including some of Michelle looking very glam. It galls me that I have so many friends who are petite and gorgeous, but Michelle is so much fun I'll forgive her for that.

I had a great time meeting Bellas, and Michelle's sparkling personality has undoubtedly lured several budding new Bellas to the group!

Check out the pictures Michelle has posted on H2H at BN.com, and then check mine out on Facebook -- I use my pen name there: Becke Martin. Friend me!

Michelle and I have tried to blackmail PJ so she won't show the picture of me with my arm around Michelle and her head on my boobs -- there were five of us squashed into a cab, and it was the only way Michelle could breathe, but it's a godawful picture (of me, anyway). PJ has resisted my blackmail attempts so far, so the picture is probably already on Facebook somewhere.

Gia said...

I was lucky enough to be the high bidder for one of Michelle's donations to the Brenda Novak online auction this year and got to have lunch with her at RWA National.

WOW!! I was treated to hours of the Queen Bella's time, and gained valuable insights and advice into the romance industry. She more than met my expectations.

If anyone is planning on attending RWA in Nashville next year and Michelle makes another donation to the Brenda Novak auction, I recommend you bid, bid, bid. Not only do you get the satisfaction of donating to a worthy cause, you will be amazed by how lovely and gracious Michelle is in person.

Thank you so much, Michelle for sharing your time and laughter, it was one of the major highlights of my trip!!

Gia

LisaK said...

Heeeeey Michelle, so good to have you back (although chatting with MPG was quite some fun, too!)!

Awesome pictures! Looks like all of you had a great time.

And Portia, aren't we Europeans a pitiful people?

Oh, oh, oh, oh, oh, I wanna see that boobs-squashing picture! PJ! Peeeejaaaaayyy! Where are you? Is there any way to see that very memorable testament of this year's RWA?

Miranda Neville said...

The Bella RBTB breakfast was one of my DC highlights. It was brilliant having everyone speak so we all got a feeling for each other even if we couldn't converse one-on-one with each person in the group (though I think I managed most and what a great crowd).

And Michelle looked absolutely amazing in that blue gown for the RITAs - even the picture doesn't do her justice. She is so beautiful.

I am super-excited about Loretta Chase visiting tomorrow. Michelle and I had a wonderful fangirl squeal about her.

EmilyBryan said...

Lovely to see you in DC, Michelle.

Loretta Chase is one of my favs! I'll be back tomorrow.

www.emilybryan.com

Becke Davis said...

I LOVE Loretta Chase, so I will definitely be here for her visit.

Gia, that is so cool that you won Michelle's auction. I had a bag of books in the auction, and PJ won it. Those auctions are fun, but useful, too!

Julie in Ohio said...

Michelle, I want 5 minutes alone with your closet. Seriously, QB, that's another awesome RITA dress. I remember a hot little red number from a couple years ago too.

Glad everyone had a great time!! =o)

Becke Davis said...

I don't know if Michelle's shoes showed up in any of those pictures, but they were AMAZING!

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

Buona sera, Bellas! So good to be back, but can I tell you the fun I came back to? First, my cell must have slipped out of my pocket in the dc cab, cause it's gone. ugh. Of course, I hadn't worn the dern pants for 4 years -- forgot I had em. So. phone. gone.

Then, this morning? ID theft of my husband's credit card number. I think we got it under control -- least I'm hoping.

But RWA? What a great time. First, there were so many folks I wished I'd had more time to spend with! So many Bellas stopped by just to make sure I would say HI to you from them...

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

If you click each photo, you'll get a story behind each...

Monica Burns said...

DAMN! That is one AWESOME blue dress QB, TOTALLY fabulous!! It was soo good seeing you and chatting up a storm. And you intro'd me to some fabulous new friends!!Hope to see you soon!

amy kennedy said...

Oh no. Michelle, I am so sorry that happened. I'm glad you had a great trip, but, all I can do is groan. Yuck.

P.S. You look absolutely fabulous. The blue dress...I'm almost (almost) speechless.

Gannon Carr said...

What a completely fabulous time RWA was. Meeting all of the Bellas at breakfast was such a treat!

So sorry about your phone, Michelle and your husband's credit card theft. Hope things get better.

ev said...

i wondered where the heck all the blog updates were- kept hitting my link and only got RPG's blog. For some reason they aren't updating. Damn blogspot.

I wasn't there (nashville, maybe?) but can I just say:

CONGRATS TO VIVI ANNA?!?!?!?!!?YAY!!