Tuesday, July 28, 2009

Put Your Money Where Your Duke Is

How many times have I heard you say, "Well, that Sugar Beth from Susan Elizabeth Phillips' 'Ain't She Sweet' is just the greatest heroine ever written!"? Time to put- o' shut up 'bout your embarrassingly acute store of "Ain't She Sweet" details tomorrow, July 29 during

BlogStars Laura's and Santa's Best CyberPals' Mini Book Club!

You may know Laura and Santa from romance land online. Tomorrow, the two cyberfriends talk online pals and their fave romances as they hold a mini book club.

Also being discussed? Santa's favorite, "Taming of the Duke," by FOB Eloisa James. Laura won this guest spot in the Brenda Novak Online Auction for Diabetes.

A randomly chosen commenter wins choice of either book. If you've brought a cyberpal and you're chosen (ID ea other in your comments), you each win a copy!

10 comments:

Vanessa Kelly said...

I already have both these books and love them, but I'll be sure to stop by for the fun!

Eva Gale said...

Oh fun!!

debbie haupt said...

I totally agree with Sugar being the best heroine ever. I loved her, in fact it's the only book I've ever re-read.
A wonderful love story and the most unforgettable characters I've ever had the pleasure of reading about.
Haven't read Eloisa's book, oh well there goes my TBR pile, growing and growing and growing. Just the the Energizer Bunny ;-) !!

Kim said...

I've read most of SEP's books. I think all of her heroines are memorable. They're strong, intelligent and have such witty dialogue. I just recently started reading Ms. James' books, so I can't analyze her heroines quite yet.

J Perry Stone said...

I'll be there. I looooove, Eloisa James and yet, I'm ashamed to admit, have not yet had the pleasure of SEP.

Michelle Buonfiglio said...

I'm really excited about this. So many of us have known these women from online for years. It's so neat to get to have them leading us in a day of fun and friendship and love of romance.

I'm reading "Ain't She Sweet" for the occasion, since I've spent so long hearing everyone gush over it! So no worries, J Perry, as many folks are just getting to SEP. I was so ashamed, however cause everyone seemed disappointed in me... :)

It's great, KIm, that youll have a taste for each author.

Debbie! the only book you've reread?! Holy cow. I can only imagine how many books you can get to w/out rereads. Impressive.

exactly, Eva!

Looking forward to seeing you, Vanessa.

Virginia said...

Sounds like fun!

Mitzi said...

I've just started reading a few contemp books, but haven't had the pleasure of reading SEP yet. Looking forward to the interview.

Mitzi

LauraT said...

Hi everyone! I am so excited for tomorrow's blog, and I can't wait to hear what all of you love about reading romance. If you've read either of these books, you'll probably feel like Santa and I. I had such a great time revisiting Rafe and Imogen in The Taming of the Duke, and am so lucky to talk about it with all of you!

I am also excited to hear why you all think Sugar Beth is the best heroine ever! She really is amazing!

"See" you all tomorrow!

~Laura T

Santa said...

Ciao bellas! Can't wait to pop in tomorrow and chat how reading romances has brought so many fabulous people into my life.

I adore Taming of the Duke and Ain't She Sweet. Both have heroines everyone would love to hate but fall in love with nonetheless.

See you in a few!
Santa